The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an €18,000 Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (€6,000 per year).
Economics and Business provides a limited number of scholarships for excellent students. The total amount for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship dedicated to Economics and Business is established annually. As the actual number of scholarships is derived from this amount, no fixed number is in place.
In order to be considered for the AMS scholarship applicants need to meet the following general criteria:
- hold non-EEA nationality or nationalities only
- have above average academic results
- not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan (“Studiefinanciering”)
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship
- have submitted a complete application to the BSc Economics and Business programme of the College of Economics and Business including a sufficient English test score
- have been (or will be) admitted to one of the BSc Economics and Business of the College of Economics and Business
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable).
- Applicants should write an AMS motivation letter (tell us in not more than 300 words your motivation to get the scholarship).
- Applicants should upload the AMS digital motivation letter to their online application.
- The deadline corresponds to the application deadline for the study programme – 1 April 2018
- Before the end of May 2018 we will inform all applicants about the results by e-mail.